Do you hear that sound?
February 20, 2006
It’s me— it’s my internal voice screaming really loud because I am sick of being on strict bedrest.
Just seven full days, and it is absolutely old already. The first few days had me *enjoying* the peacefulness of reading, being online, watching Tivo shows, you have it, but now…. I think I am sick to my stomach right now solely because I am hating being on this couch and facing the same way. OK, I can turn the other direction. Maybe I will try that today.
I have a handful of things (give or take, depending) to choose from when I am laying here, to do:
1. read a book (finished 2 so far, you can see below…)
2. go online on my laptop
3. watch TV
4. watch a Netflix movie- darn that the last one I got was one I’d already seen!! Darn, darn, darn, but- this is bad- I watched it *anyway* coz I was, um, bored!
7. interact with my son if he’s in my part of the room. Chit chat with him, play an online Sesame Street game with him, I’d like to read to him, but he has yet to bring me a book. Sometimes he cuddles with me, I like that. He has, however, adjusted to the fact that I don’t take care of his needs anymore, Grandma does, she feeds, changes him, sees what cool things he’s up to…. Mama just…. lays there. It’s alright though!
8. be on the phone. I’m not a big phone talker, but it does break up the monotony.
What I miss:
1. Going outside in the fresh air.
2. Takinge my son places.
3. Being somewhere, anywhere, other than home, in my living room or bedroom.
4. Cleaning (did I say that?) but really, doing my part
5. Taking care of Enn (tho I don’t miss all the energy it takes to direct & train him constantly… esp when he needs a timeout, that takes so much energy)
6. Making plans with friends
7. Setting up the nursery